Originally published in The Palmyra Sun
Newspaper Media Group is proud to announce that 27 members of its hard-working team earned recognition from the New Jersey Society of Professional Journalists, the New Jersey Press Association and the Pennsylvania NewsMedia Association in the organizations’ annual contests.
“I am extremely proud of the work our employees do on a day-to-day basis. Newspaper Media Group was founded with the intent to bring community news to neighborhoods that are often overlooked by the majority of media outlets, and to provide affordable, effective advertising options to businesses that want to reach our readers. These awards validate the fact that the work we are doing is being recognized and appreciated,” COO Perry Corsetti said.
Newspaper Media Group publishes more than 40 weekly newspapers in Southern New Jersey, Central New Jersey, Philadelphia and Bucks County, Pa.
The award winners are listed below.
Central Jersey (New Jersey Press Association)
• Eric Sucar: First place in the pictorial category; third place for general news photography; third place for sports feature photography second place for pictorial photography; first place for illustration; first place for best portfolio; and first place for sports feature; and third place for sports action photography
• Anthony Naturale: First place, best ad professional and technology services
• Kathy Chang: Third place for education writing; first place for interpretive writing
• Norma Arce and Harvey Hersh: Third place for best ad professional and technology services
• Lauren Simons, former employee, and Harvey Hersh: First place for best use of small space
• Mark Rosman: Second place for column writing
• Mike Morsch: First places for column writing and headlines; third place for arts and entertainment writing.
• Andrew Martins: First place for business and economics writing; second place for best lede.
• Anthony Stoeckert: Second place for Feature Section layout and content; second place for headlines.
• Freelancer Pam Hersh: First place for column writing.
• Jimmy Ellerth, Joe Kanaska, Lashana Young: First place for best use of color
• Jimmy Ellerth, Joe Kanaska, Michele Nesbihal: Third place for best special section, Central Jersey Family Living; Second place for best new project, Women in Business.
• Jimmy Ellerth, Joe Kanaska, Michele Nesbihal, Cheri Mutchler: First place for best miscellaneous ad, Slice of the Season
Pennsylvania (Pennsylvania NewsMedia Association)
• Joe Mason: Second place for sports coverage; first and second place for sports event coverage; Honorable Mention for a sports story
• Maria Yong, former employee: First place in the sports photo category; Honorable Mention in the news photo category for her entry
• Melissa Yerkov: First place for front page design; first place for headline writing
• Kerith Gabriel and Max Marin: Second place in the personality profile category
• Mark Homer: Second place in the page design category
• Melissa Komar: Second place in the feature story category
South Jersey (New Jersey Society of Professional Journalists)
• Kristen Dowd: First and third place in for page one design
• Mike Monostra: First and third place for sports reporting; third place for feature writing; and second place for sports photography
• Lindsey Nolen: Second place for Rookie of the Year
• Julie Shannon, former employee: Second place for feature writing
Oringinal story can be found here: https://palmyrasun.com/newspaper-media-group-staff-recognized-by-various-organizations-4a32cbc6d5b5